Labels

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Dondup T






In search for a great T I stumbled upon this piece in Luxembourgville ( @ Smets ). It immediately spoke to me through it s funky character and the quality of the detail. Never having heard of Dondup I bought it anyway. It ´s the first item I ever bought that got me so much remarks on the street.











The litl dude on the front functions as an eye catcher at first but the detail on this thing is awesome as you will see on the pictures. The straw hat, the aviator glasses, the tattoos, the painters palette, the jeans, ... He might even have launched the trend of the mustache, the anchor and the espadrilles. :)



















Looking at the label, the name and logo on the shirt though I had no idea what else I could expect of this brand. Certainly the logo at the bottom ( thank god it s not on the neck on the back ) adds no appeal for me. After visiting their site, I learned that it s an Italian brand founded in 99 with the name as a refurral to a tibetan lama Myngar Dondup who stood for the philosophical principle of ´´ all men being equal: race, colour and faith have no meaning, all that counts are one´s intentions and actions.´´ They want to experiment with fabrics. I ve enjoyed wearing it just as is or under a jacket.





I saw variations of the character in previous collections but none for spring/summer 2012. I m pretty sure we haven´t seen the last of him. Till next time !

No comments:

Post a Comment