Labels

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Brasserie Midi Station - Brussels

Brasserie Midi Station is a unique concept, we got that as soon as we entered this exceptional spot. It s huge on the inside still trying to maintain a cosy atmosphere though. You have different areas in the place. A bar area with comfy chairs n sofas, a restaurant area with an open kitchen and an oyster bar. I saw on their site that they also have a cigar lounge but I haven´t seen it. The restaurant is run by Dirk De Prins ( known to the general public as a jury member in the TV show ´My restaurant !´ ). He was present at the time and did his own quality check at the table next to us. ( read : He had a lonely dinner, although you re never alone at your own place right :-) ) 


As we just got out of a huge traffic jam we treated ourselves to an aperitif in the bar area. 


an inviting table awaited us, with design chairs and a table runner that disapears in the table !
A super begin I might add


 We could follow our plate as it was prepared with a lot of care. This only improved the dining experience.



A litl amuse to entertain us.


As entrees we had scallops and a vegitarian mix, both very tasty



As a main we tried the Jack O´ Shea Hereford Premium Grassland Beef . Stated to be top beef. Grilled on charcoal. It most certainly had a distinctive taste and was served with a mild bearnaise sauce.
I on the otherhand had the - very difficult to photograph - pork cheeks in Geuze beer sauce. Which was a first for me. Well prepared I m sure but I was a bit distracted by the texture and the image in my head combo. It happens, one has to learn right. Anyway very soft tender stew-like texture.  



As an extra you should check out their toilets ( especially the wash up area ) and you can also park in a private free parking around the courner in stead of the expensive underground parking lot of the trainstation - like we did. Check the site of the Midi Station to see their daily lunches or updates on the friday live music and more. I might go back to explore the world of oysters as I recently managed to eat one after previous failed attempts :). Until next time !




No comments:

Post a Comment